Saturday, November 29, 2014

C4K Summary - November

My first C4K this month was fun! Mikayla wrote about her Halloween plans for this year. She is a fifth grade student in Oakville, Ontario Canada. She plans to go trick-or-treating with her friend, Marina. While they are collecting candy, they also plan to ask for donations of canned goods. She had written in orange and black text for Halloween, which I thought was a very creative idea. Since I commented the day after Halloween, I told her that I hoped she had a fun time, and I asked her how many cans she was able to collect.

halloween

My next C4K for November was on the blog of an 8th grade student in Iowa named Anna. She did a project where she had to create her own print. She chose to begin with a picture of a model. Printmaking is tricky because you have to carve out the negative space instead of drawing a picture. She essentially created a stamp. Her finished product looks great, but I was most impressed with her attitude. She cut herself twice while carving out her print, but she concluded that in the end it was worth it to see her final product. She felt a sense of pride in having completed her piece and having completed it well. This is something that I hope to find with all of the projects I assign as a teacher. Successfully completing a project should make students feel good about themselves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment