Saturday, September 27, 2014

C4K Summary for September

For my first C4K, I  read the blog of eleven-year old Wakatere Cecil. He attends Pt England School in Aukland, New Zealand. His most recent post is a video that he made with his friends to the song "Heal the World." He gives a brief description of what the song means to him and then we see him and his friends portraying that meaning through the video. He writes that the biggest challenge of creating this video was managing his time. I commented that I enjoyed watching the video and hearing what that song meant to him. I also noted that he and his friends seemed to have a lot of fun creating the video.

My second C4K was on the blog of Mustafa, a fifth grade student in Ontario, Canada. For this assignment, his class was writing about what makes a great mathematician. He writes that a great mathematician asks himself (or herself) questions about the problems they are working on. Some of his questions included, "Why did I choose the strategy I used?" and "How could I solve the problem differently?" For my comment, I commended him for his great math questions, and I offered another one: "How do I know that my answer is correct?"

My final C4K was on the blog of a fifth grade student in Connecticut. Her name is Rachel. This was a blog post that I enjoyed reading because it felt genuine. It didn't seem like a school assignment. Rachel wrote about her love for swimming. She likes to swim in her pool, and it sounds like she is a good swimmer. She can swim the length of her pool underwater without coming up for air. In my comment, I told Rachel that it gets very hot in Alabama during the summer, so I also enjoy swimming. I even mentioned how close we live to the beach. I think she would love the ocean. She ends her blog posts with "Stay Calm and Smile On," so I felt it was appropriate to end my comment with "Keep smiling!"


Love to Swim

No comments:

Post a Comment